Saturday 22 September 2007

I am in America!


I arrived at JFK airport, New York on Thursday 20th September in the evening. Zac and I had a very good flight; great food, three good films and a smooth landing. We were met at the airport by Zac's sister Kimber and her youngest daughter Julia. Yesterday (Friday) we went into the city and both bought mobile phones. I have a special international texting package so it will be easy to keep in touch with England and The Gambia. New York city was overwhelmingly busy. There were so many taxis and people everywhere. Basically everything seemed so big, bright and loud. We walked for miles and ended up at Central Park where we watched some climbers practise their moves on some boulders. We had a great day. Last night we had a party at Kimber and James' house where we met many of their wonderful friends and neighbours.

5 comments:

Janet said...

Hi Sarah,

Sounds like you having a brilliant time.

Loads of love

Janet xx

Anonymous said...

Hello my lovely sister!!! Freya and I are sat lounging on the sofa watching the television....we don't usually do that but we felt the need to have a girls night in. She is eating mars planets and I am being good and sticking to my pre race diet.....10km race tomorrow. Freya says you look nice in your picture!!! We miss you!!!!!!! And we miss Zac too!!!!!
All our love xxx
Rachel and girls

Tracey and Andy said...

Hello Sarah

Enjoy your time in NY and shop shop shop till you drop or at least pretend for me. Lots of love Tracey and Andy

Leanne Hurren said...

Hi Sarah

Great to hear from you again - it's been ages. Will try and work out how to send a text to you. Enjoy NY and all the shopping - hope to meet up when you;re back!

Mum said...

Hi Sarah and Zac,

I know you will be amazed that I have managed to set myself up with a Google account and leave a comment on your blog! Just wanted to say congratulations again and wish you both all the best of luck and happiness for your future together. I know that everyone now will be wondering what I am talking about so you will have to to do an update very quickly. All our love, Mum and Paul x x x x x x