Thursday 27 December 2007

Christmas in Lakewood!





Christmas has been going on for the past few weeks here. Parties every day, visiting friends, singing caroles and lots of snow! It was a very international Christmas here this year. We had representation from Germany, Australia and of course, England. I spent Christmas day with Zac, his parents Betsy and David, his aunt Julie and uncle Henry, his brother Toby and Toby's friends, Chris and Dan. It was a full house. We had a big Christmas breakfast, followed by a Christmas programme where everyone had to share a story, poem or experience about Christmas. I downloaded the Queen's Christmas speech and made everyone listen. After that was a never ending present opening session. In the afternoon I spoke to my mum, David and the girls which was lovely but made me feel a bit home sick!

A Christmas turkey dinner was the evening's main event which was at Julie and Henry's house. The food was great and my traditional Christmas pudding was a hit! After dinner we went to celebrate with the Idzicks, who live over the road, and then we headed out to a bar in Jamestown for a few vodka redbulls and some crazy dancing!

No comments: